Position: Big Data Engineer
Location: Costa Mesa CA USA 92626
Skills: Data, SQL, HIVE, PIG, Hadoop, Python, Tableau, R
You’ll be working at a large insurance firm who are seeking a Big Data Engineer to join their facility in Costa Mesa. The Big Data Engineer will be working to drive whole projects from inception to completion. The team works with a huge amount of data across various data centers, handling many petabytes.
Build SQL/HIVE databases and tables. Define technical requirements, performance tuning, analytical and business user support. Write PIG scripts, as well as develop data integration and ingestion processes. Architect data pipelines and integrations with internal and external sources. Build job automation and scheduling using Control-M, unit and system testing.
- Bachelors or master’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Expert level experience working with relational databases, MPP systems, and Hadoop distributions.
- Advanced level knowledge of SQL. Experience with Hadoop (HDFS, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka etc).
- Working experience with Unix/Linux, as well as Python or a programming language.
- Experience with Control-M, Tableau, and R.Data Mining/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence experience.
Job ID: 1988-2
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Date Added: 15 Mar 2019
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science
Work Location: On Site
Can Sponsor: No
Can Relocate: Yes
Tax Status: W-2